Air Receiver Tanks are an essential element in any compressed air system and are integral to many process systems. They not only serve as temproary storage but also allow systems to perform more efficiently. GFSA designs, manufactures and tests air receiver tanks to meet BS EN 12285-1:2005 and BS EN 1993-4-2: 2007 and ensures that tanks supplied are accurately specified for each application.
Air receivers perform a variety of functions:
- By reducing excessive compressor cycling, air receivers decrease wear on compression modules, capacity control systems and motors.
- They compensate for surges in compressed air usage by providing additional storage capacity.
- They reduce energy use by avoiding continual re-starting of the compressor motor.
- They eliminate pulsation in the discharge line.
- Some moisture, oil and solid particles present in the air arriving from the compressor or aftercooler will be caught by the air receiver.
- They help to reduce dew point and temperature spikes that follow regeneration
GFSA Limited designs and manufactures filtration and process equipment which is environmentally friendly and exhibits leading edge technology.